by Jamie Zawinski
|XscreenSaver is also a "screen saver" and "locker" for X11.
It is a different concept of locking as XlockMore by using a client-server architecture: a daemon is in
charge of the user preferences and locking parts, communicating with one out of a lot of "screenhacks" to display interesting graphics (?!) on
the root window.
- xscreeensaver-4.01: finally, included my GL hacks from xlockmore: sballs and
Have a look at the screenshots:
||GLforestFire with |
count > 0
- xscreeensaver-4.01: made i686 RPM and SRPM for Redhat 7.x:
- Corrected stuffs for Cygwin and in sonar screen hack. Integrated in xscreensaver-3.34.
- Ported to Cygwin the 3.33 version : see my Cygwin contributions pages.
- X11 resource file XScreenSaver to have messages of the main UI in french. Include it in $HOME/.Xdefaults or by using the specific X11 environment variables or the xrdb program.
- In this project the atlantis mode, written for xlockmore was added by the project coordinator.
- I created a perl script to parse the
~/.xscreensaver file to give you the hack number to be used for
xscreensaver-command -select <N>;
|Web site: http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/